Articles on this Page
- 12/11/17--01:02: _Celebrating EU-Japa...
- 12/11/17--01:02: _Innovation Radar Pr...
- 12/11/17--01:02: _ICT Proposers’ Day ...
- 12/11/17--01:02: _FET Flagships – a g...
- 12/11/17--01:02: _Stepping up efforts...
- 01/12/17--00:00: _Spanish research ce...
- 07/12/17--00:00: _Capitalising on EU ...
- 12/14/17--02:08: _Impressions of the ...
- 10/01/18--00:00: _Towards the next ge...
- 01/17/18--04:22: _Internet Governance...
- 01/24/18--05:36: _Digitising industry...
- 02/02/18--00:00: _ EU & US hold t...
- 02/02/18--00:00: _Transforming indust...
- 07/02/18--00:00: _Moving towards a Di...
- 08/02/18--00:00: _How to design Artif...
- 02/23/18--08:56: _Pathways to the dig...
- 02/23/18--08:56: _A-LEAF under the sun
- 09/03/18--00:00: _Future and Emerging...
- 04/10/18--13:02: _A new way to find b...
- 06/04/18--00:00: _Shaping together th...
- 12/11/17--01:02: Celebrating EU-Japan Digital Week In Tokyo
- 12/11/17--01:02: Stepping up efforts towards the digitisation of European industry
- 07/12/17--00:00: Capitalising on EU research to develop new products
- 12/14/17--02:08: Impressions of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition Conference 2017
- 10/01/18--00:00: Towards the next generation of batteries "made in the EU"
- 01/17/18--04:22: Internet Governance Week in Brussels, 22-26 January 2018
- 01/24/18--05:36: Digitising industry – a No-Option choice
- 02/02/18--00:00: EU & US hold the 15th Information Society Dialogue
- 02/02/18--00:00: Transforming industry to meet the needs of a changing society
- 07/02/18--00:00: Moving towards a Digital Europe
- 08/02/18--00:00: How to design Artificial Intelligence for the people’s good
- 02/23/18--08:56: Pathways to the digitisation of manufacturing: ConnectedFactories
- 02/23/18--08:56: A-LEAF under the sun
- 06/04/18--00:00: Shaping together the future of our industry at the Stakeholder Forum
Overview of dialogues between the European Commission and Japanese Government during the EU-Japan Digital Week In Tokyo – 2nd – 6th October 2017
The Innovation Radar Prize puts a spotlight on top EU-funded innovations and champions the innovators behind them. EU's investments in European innovators are delivering great innovations.
The ICT Proposers Day 2017 in Budapest focussed on the ICT areas of the new Horizon 2020 Work Programme. Networking sessions created an exceptional opportunity for potential proposers to exchange project ideas and build quality partnerships.
The event on "FET Flagships – Partnering for excellence" was the perfect occasion to show how the FET Flagships can be a key partnering instrument to address Europe's science and technology challenges, in the context of the next EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The European Platform of National Initiatives on Digitising Industry has gathered in Brussels key representatives from Member States, industry and Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) to discuss the next steps on the digitisation of European industry.
Today drones are creating major expectations with respect to their potential impact on people's lives in the next 20 years. Imagine if, besides seeing, the drones could also touch and feel? Aerial contact CATEC technology brings this vision closer to reality by performing industrial contact inspections using a drone.
EU research & innovation projects are helping SMEs like Control 2K to develop new products and make the most of Industry 4.0.
The Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition Conference 2017 was thought-provoking, energetic and positive. With the Digital Skills Awards ceremony, it even had an Oscars' flair to it!
Battery technologies are essential for the future of the transport and energy sectors in Europe. Batteries will become more and more important for our daily lives, be it in our cars, in our homes or in our electricity grid infrastructure. EU academic and industrial experts met today at a workshop to discuss about the long-term research challenges in battery technologies.
Today, almost half of the world’s population is online, making the internet the key channel at global level for communication, the sharing of information and commerce. With such a role comes the need for a first-class Internet Governance system to make sure that the internet remains a driving force behind both social justice and economic growth while remaining open and accessible.
The ECSEL Joint Undertaking model of collaboration is essential to amplify the digitisation of European industry and its benefits to society
On 1 February 2018, Linda CORUGEDO STENEBERG, DG CONNECT Director for International Affairs, European Commission, and Robert STRAYER, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cyber and International Communications and Information Policy, U.S Department of State, co-chaired the 15th Information Society Dialogue between the European Union and the United States of America.
Digitisation must be embedded in an ambitious and forward-looking industrial strategy. The Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum will be an excellent opportunity to work together towards that common approach.
The EU has a tremendous opportunity to continue its global leadership in the digitisation of European industry. The Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum in March is the perfect occasion to discuss the way forward.
I see more and more articles and tweets about the possible applications of artificial intelligence. The predictions concern various sectors: from healthcare and industry to entertainment and employment, such as described in the article by Karsten Strauss in The Forbes about apps that scan the CVs when recruiting new workers and judge their value. And indeed, it is clear that this technology will change our society. But it is our role to impede the scenarios similar to the Minority Report from happening.
Digitisation means more than the installation of new ICT or high-speed connectivity, it is a complete transformation of where, how and why we manufacture. The Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum in March will showcase many digitisation examples and offer an excellent opportunity to discuss the digital future of EU industry.
An artificial leaf to capture the sun? Solar Fuels will transform our society's energy use
I have attended the "European Leadership through Disruptive Technologies" event organised by the EFFECT project in the European Parliament. It is my pleasure to relate to you some of the most important takings from this event hosted by MEPs, Patrizia Toia and Isabella De Monte.
How can we better predict how new medications act in the human body? This was the main question when we started our FET Open project Body on a Chip (BoC) in 2012. Too many new and promising drugs fail in very late stages of the development process because they are not efficient or produce unwanted - sometimes even dangerous - side effects. The Swiss company InSphero AG developed sand-grain-sized 3D microtissues which mimic human organs like the liver, the pancreas or tumours to solve this problem.
350 people met in Paris to discuss how to make European industry more digital and fit for the future.